Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Imagine taking leisurely swims amidst the countryside, meandering through charming medieval villages and savoring alfresco meals made with local olive oil and wine. This restored villa is a delightful place in which to share the pleasures of Tuscany with friends or family, and its convenient location makes it easy to visit the many picturesque cities and towns throughout the region.
- Location Description
The villa is located 3 kilometers from the charming medieval town of Montecarlo, in the Tuscan province of Lucca. Montecarlo, which produces olive oil and DOC wines, is home to shops, restaurants, markets and lovely churches. The nearby medieval hamlet of Altopascio (3 kilometers), which is also well worth a visit, offers a Thursday market, bakery, supermarket and an internet point. The village of Collodi, where there is a park dedicated to “Pinocchio,” is 6 kilometers away. Be sure to visit Lucca (20 kilometers), where sights include the Duomo di San Martino, Church of San Michele (in Foro) Casa di Puccini museum (birthplace of the composer), and the 130-foot Torre Guinigi, a tree-topped tower up which adventurous travelers can opt to climb. The town also has many shops and restaurants to enjoy. Other great day trip destinations include Pisa, Florence and the beaches along the Versilia coastline.
Florence (Airport): 65 km/ 40.4 mi
Viareggio and the Versilia coastline: 52 km/ 32.3 mi
Pisa (Airport): 40 km/ 24.9 mi
Lucca: 20 km/ 12.4 mi
Montecatini Terme: 12 km/ 7.5 mi
Collodi: 6 km/ 3.7 mi
Altopascio (general stores): 3 km/ 1.9 mi
Montecarlo: 3 km away/ 1.9 mi
- Exterior Description
An unpaved but well-maintained road leads to the property, which houses a large garden filled with trees and grassy areas. There is a private swimming pool (18 x 6 m, open April to October) surrounded by 6 armchairs, 4 sunbeds and a large canopy that is ideal for lounging in the shade. The large terrace is furnished with a shaded sofa and several chairs as well as a barbecue, two long dining tables with benches and chairs, and large umbrellas. There is also a ping pong table. Onsite parking is available. A car is necessary.
- Interior Description
(300 m2/3,229 ft2)
Ground Floor: The dining/sitting room is furnished with a sofa, TV with satellite, cupboard, long dining table for 12, 4 round tables for 16 and additional chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, American coffee maker and table for up to four. There are two bedrooms, each with a queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, double sinks, toilet and hairdryer. One of the bathrooms also has a washing machine.
First Floor: There are five bedrooms. The first two bedrooms each have a queen-size bed (160 cm, joinable single beds) and ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer. The third bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm, joinable single beds), convertible sofa (160 cm queen-size) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer. The fourth and fifth bedrooms each have a queen-size bed (160 cm, joinable single beds), convertible sofa (140 cm, comfortable for one and cozy for two) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request in advance
- Crib/Portable Baby Bed: 20 Euros per week, upon request in advance
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour, upon request in advance
- Pets (small-size only): 50 Euros per week, upon request in advance
- Pool Towels: 7 Euros per towel, upon request in advance
- The 160 cm queen-size beds are made from joinable narrow single beds that can be separated (80 cm, best suited to young people when used as singles).
- A 140 cm standard double bed (two of the sofa beds) is narrow for two people by American standards.
- During high season, arrivals must be on Saturdays.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Heating - Daily Charge: 40 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: