View all photos
- About The Experience
With glorious natural surroundings and modern comforts, this restored two-bedroom apartment makes a lovely rural hideaway for two couples or a couple with children. Perched on a hill in the Cortona countryside, the 14th-century retreat is filled with architectural character and offers lush shared grounds with a large pool, alfresco dining areas and its own trattoria.
- Location Description
The property is located in a pastoral area just 5.4 kilometers from Mercatale di Cortona, a quaint village which houses a church, a well-known trattoria, cafes and bars, a post office, supermarkets, butchers selling high-quality local meats (including the world-famous Chianina beef and salamis), a bakery, banks and a pharmacy. Those who wish to walk to the village may reach it in 40 minutes by following a footpath from the property. Lake Trasimeno and the medieval city of Cortona are both 19 kilometers away. In Cortona, tour frescoed 13th-century churches, explore the original city walls, and see an art exhibit in the 16th-century fortress. You can also visit museums and libraries, and dine on exceptional Tuscan dishes as you look out on an historic palazzo. The property’s location allows guests to explore the many other beautiful towns of Tuscany as well. A car is necessary.
Florence: 132 km/82 mi
Siena: 87 km/54 mi
Assisi: 73 km/45 mi
Perugia: 52 km/32 mi
Arezzo: 47 km/29 mi
Montepulciano: 47.6 km/29.5 mi
Lake Trasimeno: 19 km/12 mi
Cortona: 19 km/12 mi
Mercatale di Cortona: 5.4 km/3.3 mi
- Exterior Description
An unpaved road leads to the property grounds, which are located in a protected nature area in the hills of Tuscany. Trees, shrubs and plants of all varieties surround the buildings of the estate, where there are several units. The shared grounds include lawns with various alfresco dining areas; a large, heated swimming pool (20 m x 6 m) surrounded by sunbeds; a trattoria serving fresh Tuscan cuisine; laundry facilities with a washing machine, clothes dryer, iron and board; and a store selling local foods and wines. There are also onsite olive groves and many walking and hiking paths. Free parking is available on the grounds.
- Interior Description
Two-bedroom apartments are located toward the upper part of the property.
Ground Floor: The living room features a sofa, armchairs, TV with satellite and a DVD player. There is a dining area with a table for 4 people or more, and the kitchen is equipped with a 4-burner gas stove, electric oven, toaster, tea kettle and hand-painted Bizzarri crockery.
First Floor: There are two bedrooms, each with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request in advance
- Housekeeping: Upon request in advance
- The images shown are representative of two-bedroom units─the actual units may differ in layout, furnishings and bed sizes (some bedrooms may have two 90 cm single beds instead of a queen-size bed).
- The property is not suitable for guests with mobility concerns.
- The onsite staff is fluent in Italian, English and Spanish.
- Concierge Service is provided. They can arrange for ticket bookings (museums, concerts, wine tours), giving directions to markets and other local destinations, and fulfilling special requests.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer - Shared
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Concierge Service – Included
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Reception Office
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- No security deposit or cleaning fee is required. However, the client will be liable for any extra charges incurred during the stay, or accidental damages to the property.
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: