View all photos
- About The Experience
Rent this stunning villa, built on the site of a medieval tower, less than an hour north east of Florence. Sitting on hundreds of acres of land once used by the Medici family, this large, ten bedroom villa transports your group back in time. A private swimming pool and fitness center provide recreation while not exploring Florence and the local towns and villages.
- Location Description
The villa is located eight kilometers from Dicomano, an old town founded and inhabited by the Etruscans. Rich in history, Dicomano still has many buildings, artifacts, and a beautiful main street within the village with architecture dating back to the seventeenth century. Within the town is a train station, which can take you directly into the heart of Florence, which is the easiest way to access the city. For outdoor enthusiast, the Monte Fanterona National Park is just thirty kilometers away or in the same distance, the Lago di Bilancino, where you can go canoeing, sailing, and windsurfing. The fashionistas of your group will want to visit the Barberino Designer Outlet, thirty five kilometers away, where the best of international fashion can be purchased.
Rome: 283 km/176 mi
Pisa: 140 km/87 mi
Livorno: 130 km/81 mi
Lucca: 117 km/73 mi
Siena: 100 km/62 mi
Florence: 50 km/31 mi
Outlet Barberino: 35 km/22 mi
Autodrome Mugello: 30 km/18 mi
Dicomano (train): 8 km/5 mi
- Exterior Description
(3,000 m2/32,292 ft2)
This villa is situated in a park of 750 acres, once used as hunting lands by the Medici family, and is now owned by a company. Thought to be built in the sixteenth century, the villa was built around an existing tower, likely used for military purposes in The Middle Ages and Renaissance period. This unique architecture, and the villa’s hilltop position provide panoramic views. Within these 750 acres are several properties, which include the villa, its annex, a small church, and further in the park, forest land and seven blocks of rural farmhouses to be renovated in the future. The land has roads and forest trails or paths which can be driven on by cars and off-road vehicles. The villa’s garden is 3,000m2 and the swimming pool (12m x 6m, 3.94 ft. – 6.56 ft. deep) and can be found adjacent to the villa’s annex. Uniquely shaped, the pool’s terrace is made of stone and brick and furnished with wrought-iron furniture. From the swimming pool, located in the upper part of the park, are lovely views of the surrounding hills and valleys. Next to the swimming pool is the Fitness Area with a well-equipped gym, sauna for 4-6, changing room and a bathroom.
- Interior Description
(1,305 m2/14,047 ft2)
Basement (326 m2/3509 ft2): No longer in use, the basement holds the ancient wineries and the mill.
Ground Floor (528 m2/5683 ft2): This floor features five separate living rooms furnished with a variety of sofas and chairs, antique furniture and tapestried walls, beautiful chandeliers, a piano, and several fireplaces. There is a library and a large, wood-beamed formal dining room crowned with a lovely chandelier. The well-equipped kitchen has an oven, microwave, American coffee maker, Italian coffee maker, toaster, electric tea kettle, dishwasher, and blender.
First Floor (446 m2/4800 ft2): On this floor are all ten bedrooms and ten bathrooms. Room 1 has a king size bed (180 cm), dresser, fireplace, a sitting room, and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub and hand held shower head. Room 2 has a king size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower. Room 3 has a king size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower. Room 4 has a king size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a tub and hand held shower head. Room 5 has a king size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a tub and hand held shower head. Room 6 has a king size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a bath tub and hand held shower. Rooms 7 and 8, each have one narrow single bed (80 cm), most comfortable for young people, and ensuite bathrooms with a bathtub and hand held shower. Room 9 and 10 have king size beds (180 cm) with ensuite bathrooms with bathtubs and hand held showers.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Linen Change: Upon request
- Hairdresser, Beautician, Massage: Upon request
- Painting Classes: Upon request
- Catering (Up to 50 Guests): Upon request
- Live Piano Music for Parties or Events: Upon request
- Narrow single beds (80 cm) are most comfortable for young people.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 900 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 550 EUR
- Electricity (above 300 kw per week): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: