View all photos
- About The Experience
If you like history (both ancient and WWII) and French cuisine, then a trip to Normandy will delight you. This bucolic estate has a beautiful chateau, a mill stream, charming cottages, and lovely grounds. It is also close to the WWII Landing Beaches and the fascinating towns of Cherbourg, Ste Mere Eglise, St Lo and St Malo. This cottage is well suited to a family or two couples.
- Location Description
The cottage is located on an estate in a quiet country setting in the heart of the Contentin peninsula, just a few minutes by car from the small, historic town of Valognes. The entire area has historical importance, including during WWII and the D-Day Landing Beaches.. The port town of Cherbourg is within easy reach, as well as the towns Ste Mere Eglise, Bayeux, Coutances, St Lo, Caen, and St Malo.
Nearby Attractions: In addition to the many historic sites in this region, activities such as horseback riding and golfing are nearby (10 km) to enjoy.
Paris: 345 km/214 mi
Mont-Saint-Michel: 165 km/102.5 mi
Caen: 108 km/67 mi
Bayeux: 79 km/49 mi
St-Lo: 72 km/45 mi
Coutances: 57 km/35 mi
Utah beach: 35 km/22 mi
Ste-Mere-Eglise, Tatihou Island: 25 km/15.5 mi
Cherbourg: 20 km/12 mi
Valognes (train): 5 km/3 mi
Negreville: 3 km/1.9 mi
- Exterior Description
Located on an estate with a grand historic chateau (about 60 meters away), a greenhouse, and The Old Mill House, also available to rent, the cottage looks out over the estate's park, including broad grasslands and trees. It has a private, enclosed garden with a table, chairs, and sun lounges for outdoor dining and relaxation. Guests are also welcome to roam the park in which the grand chateau sits.
- Interior Description
(120 m2/1,292 ft2)
Ground Floor: A living room with a working fireplace features an alcove with a standard double bed (140 cm, comfy for one, cozy for two). The living room leads to the kitchen which has a door to the garden. The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, oven, microwave, American coffee maker, and a toaster oven. From the kitchen is access to a bathroom with a shower. The first bedroom is accessed from the living room or from the outside and has a queen size bed (160 cm). It features a dressing area and a bathroom with only a toilet.
First Floor: From the living room, a short staircase leads to the first floor which is an open bedroom with two twin beds (90 cm), featuring windows overlooking the grounds. Please note that the twin beds cannot be pushed together.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen: Upon Request
- Breakfast in the Chateau: 10 Euro per person, per day
- Housekeeping: 15 Euro per hour
- Babysitting: 15 Euro per hour
- This property is on a large estate as both The Old Mill House and The Bakery, which may be rented together to accommodate larger groups.
- The standard double bed (140 cm) is comfy for one, cozy for two. It is located in an alcove within the living room.
- Internet- Wireless: There is WiFi internet connection in the Chateau's reception office ONLY. The internet service in the Chateau's reception office is available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Features and Amenities
- Detached House
- Free Parking on Premises
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Toaster Oven
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Firewood Available - Included
- Heating - Whole House
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Reception Office
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: