View all photos
- About The Experience
The beauty and culture of northern Italy are front and center at this lovely walk-up apartment, which is ideally located in an historic palazzo in the town square of Asolo. Linger over a cappuccino at the café below the apartment, visit the local museum, enjoy a wine tasting, or gaze at the views of the nearby castle amidst the apartment’s authentic 18th-century frescoes.
- Location Description
The apartment is located in the main square of the town of Asolo, in northern Italy. Often referred to as the “Pearl of Veneto,” this medieval village is rich in natural beauty and culture. On weekends the main square hosts events such as flea markets and open-air plays. The area has long attracted luminaries, including Gabriele D'Annunzio, Eleonora Duse, Robert Browning and Ernest Hemingway. At the end of the 1400s, it was home and prison to the Queen of Cyprus, Caterina Cornaro, for whom the local castle (open to the public) is named. Other notable sites include the 18th-century cathedral, the Civic Museum and Villa Scotti-Pasini in the city center. The town has many excellent restaurants, including Villa Cipriani, La Terrazza Al Sole, Hosteria Ca’ Derton and Osteria della Giarrettiera. The Colli Asolani wine road makes this a great place for food and wine aficionados, and for golf lovers, the nearby Asolo Golf Club has a beautiful 27-hole course, tennis courts and a fitness center. Possible day trips include Treviso, Padova, Venice, Vicenza and Verona.
Nearby Attractions: Maser, Altivole, Possagno, Castelfranco Veneto, Bassano del Grappa, Marostica, Cittadella
Verona: 82 km/51 mi
Venice: 51 km/32 mi
Padova: 40 km/25 mi
Vicenza: 39 km/24 mi
Treviso: 30 km/18.6 mi
Cornuda: 8 km/5 mi
- Exterior Description
The apartment is located in a historic 18th-century palazzo with a staircase (no elevator), in the city’s main square. The apartment has a view of the Queen Cornaro Castle, and the famous Caffé Centrale is located on the ground floor of the palazzo. Pay parking is available just outside the apartment, in the main square shared by the palazzo, for a cost of 1 Euro per hour, Monday through Friday. On weekends, covered parking is available 150 m from the apartment for a cost of 6 Euros per day, at the “Cipressina,” just outside the historic city center. A small storage area is available on the ground floor for bicycles and golf equipment.
- Interior Description
(140 m2/1,507 ft2)
First Floor: There are 10 steps from the Ground Floor to the First Floor.
The apartment opens onto a corridor which leads to an entryway with a beautiful 18th-century carved wood armoire. The large living and dining room features a sofa and several armchairs as well as a dining table for six. The second living room is furnished with a sofa (converts to a 160 cm queen-size bed), two armchairs, flat-screen TV and a bookcase. The kitchen is equipped with a stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and an Italian coffee and tea machine. There are two bedrooms. The first bedroom is a master and features a queen-size bed (160 cm). The second bedroom has two narrow single beds that are most comfortable for young people (80 cm each, can be joined to make a 160 queen-size bed). There is also a dressing area and two bathrooms. The first bathroom, which has pink accents and is located near the first bedroom, features a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer. Near this bathroom there is a small laundry space which houses a washing machine, clothes dryer, sink, iron and board. The second bathroom, which has red accents and is located close to the second bedroom, features a bathtub, sink, toilet, and bidet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Welcome Dinner: Upon request
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Transfer Service: Upon request
- Apartment is not suitable for children under 8.
- Bathroom: Each ensuite bathroom is stocked with complimentary shampoo, hair cream, bath foam, hand soap, and scented candle.
- Pantry: Is stocked with dry goods, snacks, condiments, beverages, and wines which maybe be purchased for an extra cost. Coffee and tea capsules for the machine are 0.80 Euro each.
- Laundry Area: Is stocked with complimentary detergents, sponges, mosquito repellent and a first-aid kit.
- Casa Asolo 2 is located in the same building on the second floor.
Features and Amenities
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 400 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: