Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
The beautiful town of Cortona, with its antique shops and ancient palazzos, is just a short walk from this stone farmhouse. Family-friendly, and with a private swimming pool overlooking the valley below, this farmhouse offers the ultimate ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’ experience. Uniquely positioned, this location makes it easy to visit sites and towns in both Tuscany and Umbria.
- Location Description
The charming town of Cortona, with its shops, restaurants and open air market, is a 20-minute walk away along a lane that passes through woods, over a stream and up past a Renaissance church. Cortona has all the necessities and services including banks, bars, a post office, antique shops, pharmacies, and grocery stores. This city is an encounter with art, history, and culture. You'll rediscover Tuscany's past in Cortona, which has changed very little in the last 400 years or so. Sitting in the center of the triangle formed by Arezzo, Siena, and Perugia, as well as being near Lake Trasimeno and the Apennines, Cortona is both ideally located for day trips and a sparkling gem of the region. In Cortona there is no end to picturesque streets and amazing historic buildings. Tour frescoed churches from the 13th century; explore the original city walls; see and art exhibit in the 16th century fortress. You can also visit the local museums and libraries, tiptoe around ancient monasteries and tombs dating back to the second century B.C., dine on the best Tuscan dishes as you look out on an historic palazzo or drive out to one of the villas dotting the countryside.
Rome: 220 km/137 mi
Florence: 120 km/75 mi
Perugia: 50 km/31 mi
Arezzo: 30 km/19 mi
Camucia: 3 km/1.9 mi
Cortona: 1 km/0.62 mi
- Exterior Description
The 17th century farmhouse is located on a serene hillside that includes 15 acres of terraced olive groves and assorted fruit trees. A private swimming pool is positioned within a panoramic terrace and faces west, offering picturesque sunset views, overlooking the valley below and the rooftops of Cortona perched on the nearby hillside. A barbecue is available for al fresco meals. Parking is available within the property.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: Recently restored, this farmhouse boasts tiled floors, beamed ceilings, and several antiques. The living room has a large working fireplace, a sofa, chairs, and a table, and French doors opening onto the garden. Equipped with an American coffee maker, Italian Moka stove-top espresso maker, toaster, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher, the kitchen also has a set of French doors leading to the garden. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor. The first has a queen size bed (160 cm) and the second is a single bedroom with a French bed (140 cm). A recently added bathroom has a shower.
First Floor: A spiral staircase leads upstairs where there are three bedrooms and a second living room. This living room with high, wood beamed ceilings, is rustically furnished with a sofa and chairs and also has a working fireplace. The first bedroom has a set of narrow single beds (80 cm), which may be combined to form a queen size bed (160 cm), upon prior request, and an en suite bathroom with a shower. The second bedroom has a queen size bed (160 cm). The third bedroom has a set of narrow single beds (80 cm), which again may be combined to form a queen size bed (160 cm), upon prior request. An additional bathroom has a shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Annex: Upon request
- An annex with a double bedroom with a queen size bed (160 cm) and a bathroom with a shower is available for an additional price. Please inquire with your Travel Advisor for rates and additional information.
- The stone farmhouse has thick walls providing cool temperatures within during the summer months. There is no air conditioning available but fans are available to guests.
- The bedroom with French bed (140 cm) on the ground floor is for a single guest, only.
- An 80 cm single bed is most comfortable for a young person.
- Housekeeping, an Extra Service, must be booked for a minimum of 2 hours. Cost is 15 Euros per hour for 2 cleaners.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Fans Available - Upon Request
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 300 EUR
- Heating: According to Consumption
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 200 EUR
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: