View all photos
- About The Experience
Tuscany’s beautiful Val d’Orcia is the setting for this family-friendly farmhouse and
annex, which feature local artisanal furnishings. Admire panoramic views from the
property’s lovely garden, enjoy alfresco meals, go for a swim, or explore nearby
Monticchiello and Pienza. The property is also well-positioned for day trips to the many
scenic towns in Tuscany.
- Location Description
The farmhouse is located in the heart of Tuscany’s Val d’Orcia, between Monticchiello and Pienza. Monticchiello (1.5 km away) is home to shops, restaurants and a market. It can be reached on foot from the villa via a provincial road that is shared with cars, but usually does not have traffic. The town still has its original city walls, towers and castle, but the main attraction is the 13th century gothic church, which contains a beautiful altarpiece. In the slightly larger town of Pienza (4 km away), where there are shops, bars, pizzerias, restaurants, supermarkets, banks, post office, pharmacy and a gas station. The history of Pienza (or Citta di Pio) is closely linked to Pope Pius II, known as the great humanist. In 1458 he transformed this ancient town (his birthplace) into a perfect example of architectural and urban design. Judging by the attention this gorgeous town still gets today, his ambitious project was a success, attracting visitors from all over the world. The main sites include the Palazzo Piccolomini and the Duomo. Great day trips through the region include visits to the hilltop town of Cortona and the culturally rich city of Siena.
Rome: 230 km/143 mi
Florence: 85 km/52.8 mi
Siena: 45 km/28 mi
Cortona: 40 km/24.9 mi
Montalcino: 30 km/18.6 mi
Lake Trasimeno: 25 km/15.5 mi
Montepulciano: 10 km/6.2 mi
Pienza: 6 km/3.7 mi
Monticchiello: 1.5 km/0.9 mi
- Exterior Description
A 10-meter dirt road leads to the entrance of the property, which features trees, shrubs,
grass and magnificent views to the south and east of Tuscany. The swimming pool (12 m
x 4 m, open May to October) is surrounded by the garden and has changing rooms and a
bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. There is a pergola with a dining area, tables and
chairs for 20 people, umbrellas, a barbecue and a gazebo. The covered brick patio has
two dining tables for up to 12 people. Covered parking for 5 cars is available onsite.
- Interior Description
Main House (400 m2)
Ground Floor: The villa opens on a small reading area with a staircase leading to the first floor. The large living room features two sitting areas with sofas, including one with a TV, DVD player and fireplace. In the middle of the room there is a dining area with long wood dining table for up to 14, and there are also French doors to the garden which provide views of the Val d’Orcia. The restored traditional Tuscan kitchen is equipped with a wood stove, oven, dishwasher, toaster, blender, espresso coffee machine, American coffee maker and a marble prep table. A laundry area with a washing machine, clothes dryer, iron and board is located near the patio.
First Floor: There is a lounge area with a sofa, TV and fireplace, and there are five bedrooms. Each bedroom has a queen-size bed (160 cm), and all but one can be separated into two single beds upon prior request. Three of the bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with a shower, sink, toilet and hairdryer. A fourth bathroom has a bathtub, sink, toilet and hairdryer.
Guest House: Located 20 meters from the main house
Ground Floor: There is a kitchenette, bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the
prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Cheese Tasting: Upon request
- Housekeeping and Linen Change: Upon request
- Extra Firewood: 15 Euros per batch
- Heating: Please see Rate Notes
- Heat from the fireplaces complements central heating (available for an extra cost) in the winter.
- There is excellent cell phone reception on the property.
- The first batch of firewood is included in the price, subsequent batches are available for an extra cost.
- All of the bedrooms have window screens.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Partial House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 15 EUR
- Telephone and Internet (If Available): According to Consumption
- Heating: According to consumption.
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 9:30 - 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: