View all photos
- About The Experience
A lush valley and the velvet green hills of Tuscany create a breathtaking natural setting for a family holiday at this restored villa. The grounds house beautiful terraced gardens, a private pool and several spots for alfresco meals. A tiny local village is a few steps away.
- Location Description
The villa is located in a lush valley, in the picturesque hamlet of Lucolena in Chianti, which has one small food shop, a pharmacy and a pizzeria. Greve in Chianti, the unofficial wine capital of the region, is less than a 10-minute drive away. This medieval town has many restaurants, wine shops, wine tours, museums and castles, and each September the town hosts the biggest wine festival in the area. In Figline Valdarno, approximately 8 kilometers away, there is a supermarket that is open on Sundays and a train station which offers frequent trips to Florence and Arezzo. Other day trip destinations include Siena and San Gimignano. A car is essential.
Rome: 262 km/ 163 mi
Pisa: 109 km/ 68 mi
San Gimignano: 51.5 km/ 32 mi
Siena: 41.8 km/ 26 mi
Florence: 37 km/ 23 mi
Figline Valdarno train station: 8 km/ 5 mi
- Exterior Description
The property features terraced gardens planted with fragrant local flowers. The garden leads down to the swimming pool, which is bordered by natural stone and a lawn area with sunbeds, a table and armchairs. The ground-floor terrace overlooks the pool area and has a barbecue and dining area, and the upper terrace has a dining table as well. Onsite parking is available.
- Interior Description
(220 m2/ 2,368 ft2)
Ground Floor: The combined living-dining area features two sofas, plasma-screen TV, large decorative fireplace (not functional), doors to the terrace and a dining table with two chairs and bench-style seating. The kitchen features a stove, oven, dishwasher, washing machine and dining table with four chairs and bench seating. There is also a guest bathroom with a sink and toilet. A staircase leads down to the lower level and up to the first and second floors.
First Floor: There are three bedrooms on this floor. The first features a queen-size bed and an ensuite marble bathroom with a bathtub, sink, toilet and bidet. The second and third bedrooms both feature two single beds (90 cm each, may be joined to form double beds upon prior request). There is a separate bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet.
Second Floor/Attic: There is an open loft-style bedroom with a single bed (90 cm) and a tiny toilet room with a sink.
Lower Level: There is a large bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm), vaulted ceilings, a shower and doors to the terrace/garden.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request in advance
- Housekeeping: Upon request in advance
- The four-poster double beds cannot be separated into two single beds.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- No security deposit or cleaning fee is required. However, the client will be liable for any extra charges incurred during the stay, or accidental damages to the property.
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Heating Deposit (Weekly from October - April, Payable upon Arrival): 300 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time