View all photos
- About The Experience
The villa, ideal for families or a group of couples, is perched high above the sea
overlooking the rocky coast of the Amalfi Coast. With a private garden, a large furnished terrace, and well-equipped interiors, this three-story vill
a near Amalfi offers a true Mediterranean experience. Take the bus (the stop is at
the top of the stairs leading down to the villa), and explore the magical coast from nearby Ravello to Positano.
- Location Description
The town of Amalfi, about four kilometers away on the busy coast road, has winding streets, hidden squares, fragrant gardens and white houses bui lt into to the cliffs. A SITA bus stop is located near the steps that lead down to the villa and goes to
the center of Amalfi. Dating back to the 6th century, Amalfi was once an important trading center which is evident in all of the historical and medieval architecture found throughout the town. The main sites include the Duomo, the cathedral of Sa
nt' Andrea, which dates back to the 11th century, and the Cloister of Paradise. There is also a museum dedicated to the works of Morelli and a museum where you can view artifacts of Amalfi's long and interesting history. Of course you’ll also find a good selection of shops, restaurants, and markets, as well as a pharmacy and post office.
Please Note: While the Amalfi Coast is beautiful and charming, it is also
steep, with many uphill and downhill stairs and walkways. In general, it is
an area that is not kind to those of us with knee or mobility issues. This should be considered before booking a property in this area.
Nearby Attractions: During the summer months, there are daily ferries leaving from Amalfi to Capri, Positano, Sorrento, and Naples, although there are always buses connecting the towns along the Amalfi Coast.
Napoli (airport): 60 km/37 mi
Sorrento: 38 km/24 mi
Salerno: 30 km/19 mi
Positano: 20 km/12 mi
Ravello: 8 km/5 mi
Amalfi: 4 km/2.5 mi
Beach: 3 km/1.86 mi
Bus Stop: 50 meters/164 ft
- Exterior Description
(50 m2/538 ft2)
Overlooking the sea, this three-story villa is located in
a panoramic position 100 meters
above sea level and a rocky stretch of coast. It is situated in a small hamlet of old houses, which circle around a tiny old church, and which are connected via stone stairways which descend from the upper part of the coast to the beach and sea
below. It is reached from the street level going down a walkway that includes approximately 50 stairway steps. The villa’s partly shaded garden is planted with citrus trees and features a table and chairs as
well as a barbecue. Accessible from the living room is a patio, partly covered and shaded, furnished with a table and chairs. There are two more furnished terraces overlooking the sea. If you do have a car, you will be able to park it in
a private garage at the daily cost of 20 Euros or along the public roads (the actual distance might vary depending on the availability of parking spaces).
- Interior Description
(240 m2/2,583 ft2)
Lower Floor: Featuring a living room adorned with handmade tiles, this villa
is furnished with sofas and armchairs, some antiques, and has views of the sea. A French door leads out to the furnished patio. The kitchen is well-equipped with an oven, dishwasher, microwave, Italian-style coffee maker, and other small appliances. A table for ten is in the kitchen as well as a French door which opens to the garden. The first bedroom has a queen size bed (160 cm), a flat-screen TV wit
h Satellite, a French door leading to the patio, and an ensuite bathroom with a shower. There is also a guest bathroom accessible from the hallway.
Ground Floor (entrance level): From the main entrance hall is access to the villa’s first terrace (150 m2) which is furnished with tables, chairs, and sun
loungers. A second smaller terrace (50 m2) is partly shaded with a bamboo roof and is also furnished to enjoy the view of the sea. There are two bedrooms on this floor. They each feature a queen size bed (160 cm), a flat-screen television, access to a small balcony, and an ensuite bathroom with shower.
Upper Level: The villa’s second kitchen has an oven, electric tea kettle, and an Italian-style coffee maker, as well as a table to seat four guests. The final two bedrooms are on this floor. The fourth bedroom has a queen size bed (160 cm), flat-screen television, access to a balcony, and an en suite bathroom with a shower. The fifth bedroom has a queen size bed (160 cm), a flat-screen television, and access to a small balcony. A final bathroom, accessible from the hallway, features a hydromassage shower. The villa’s laundry room, down five steps from the hallway, has a washing machine.
- Features Description
- The villa is reached from the street level going down a walkway that includes approximately 50 stairway steps.
- An English speaking manager is on call
- Housekeeping is provided for 9 hours per week at a mandatory cost of 150 euros per week.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- TV - English Channels Available
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Provided - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable by cash or traveler's checks in euros. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 600 EUR
- Air conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee on Saturday (between 8:00 pm and midnight) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Electricity (above 200 kw per week): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee on Sunday (between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 50 EUR
- Housekeeping: Usually available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrivals on Saturday after Midnight or Sunday after 8:00 pm are Not Accepted!
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: