Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
This small stone villa near Cortona is a perfect home base from which to explore the nearby hills, as well as Cortona, Arezzo, and Perugia. There is a lovely small pool as well as a covered terrace for outside dining with views of the surrounding hills.
- Location Description
This charming stone villa is located five kilometers from the center of Cortona. You'll find that this city is an encounter with art, history, and culture. You'll rediscover Tuscany's past, which has changed very little in the last 400 years or so. Sitting in the center of the triangle formed by Arezzo, Siena, and Perugia, as well as being near Lake Trasimeno and the Appenines, Cortona is both ideally locate
d for day trips and a sparkling gem of the region. In Cortona there is no end to picturesque streets and amazing historic buildings. Tour frescoed churches from the 13th century; explore the original city walls; see and art exhibit in the 16th century fortress. Walk along via Berrettini, you will reach the highest part of the city, where you can see medieval buildings and alleys all around. You can also visit the local museums and libraries, tiptoe around ancient monasteries and tombs dating back to the second century B.C. Dine on the best Tuscan dishes as you look out on an historic palazzo or drive out to one of the villas dotting the countryside. As for shopping, you'll find local handicrafts, antiques, and of course local wines and olive oils that simply outdo anything you've ever tasted!
Nearby Attractions: Cortona may be five kilometers away but for the avid walker and hikers, a lovely ancient pedestrian Roman path can be followed from the villa to the city. It takes about 40 minutes to walk the path.
Perugia: 49 km/30 mi
Arezzo: 34 km/21 mi
Lake Trasimeno: 20 km/12 mi
Camucia: 5 km/3.1 mi
Cortona: 5 km/3.1 mi
- Exterior Description
This small stone villa was completely restored in 2014 and features a covered dining area with a barbecue grill. There are sun loungers positioned throughout the property as well as near the small private swimming pool (4 m x 8 m, open May
1 - October 1). Surrounded by a large garden, there is plenty of parking on the property.
- Interior Description
(100 m2/1,076 ft2)
Ground Floor: There is a sitting/dining room with kitchenette, which has an
oven, microwave, toaster, American coffee maker, Italian stove-top coffee maker, dishwasher, and electric tea kettle. The first bedroom is a twin bedroom (90 cm; beds can be combined to form a king size bed upon prior request). It has an
en suite bathroom with a shower.
First Floor: On this floor is one double bedroom with a queen size bed (160
cm) and an en suite bathroom with a shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: 15 Euros per hour
- Cook Service: 60 Euro per person, minimum 4 guests
- Washing Machine: The villa's washing machine is located externally.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Heating: According to Consumption
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: 9:30 am
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: