View all photos
- About The Experience
This two-bedroom apartment in Southern Tuscany is located within a recently renovated country house with multiple apartments and a shared swimming pool. There are panoramic vistas from every direction. The local train station in Asciano can take you to Siena or Chiusi, from which you can travel on to Florence. Don’t forget to seek out the white truffles for which this region is known!
- Location Description
South of Siena is the Crete Senesi, an area of Tuscany known for its distinctive grey soil (somewhat resembling a lunar landscape!), rolling hills, and sections of lush woods dotted with Italian villages. This region is known and celebrated for its production of white truffles, and hosts a festival to the fungus during the second and third weekends each November. This area is also known for the famous bicycle race L'Eroica. This country house apartment is located seven kilometers from Asciano, a charming medieval village from which the famous 15th century painter, Domenico di Bartolo, is from. A town with Etruscan and Roman origins, important Asciano sites include the Collegiate Church of St Agata, the Museum of Holy Art, and an Archelogy Museum. It also has all the services needed including a local train to Siena or Chiusi, bus stop, shops, a bank, and a post office. The picturesque city of Siena, just 25 kilometers away, is a wonderfully preserved example of the Tuscan Middle Ages, and a treasure trove of gothic palaces, churches, and museums. You’ll also find good restaurants, fun shops, and beautiful architecture!
Florence: 101km/ 63 mi
Montepulciano: 42 km/26 mi
Pienza: 38 km/24 mi
Lucignano: 27 km/17 mi
Siena: 25 km/16 mi
Abbazia di Monte Oliveto Maggiore: 15 km/9 mi
Asciano (bus, local train): 7 km/4 mi
- Exterior Description
This charming country house, perched on top of a hill, has been lovingly restored by its current owner and turned into seven apartments. Located in the center of the Crete Senesi area of Tuscany, views of rolling hills surround the country house showing off a uniquely beautiful landscape. Featuring a landscaped garden, the country house has a shared swimming pool (7m x 14m; 1.8 m long, .60 m deep; open 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM) where you can meet other travelers and enjoy the panoramic views. This ground floor apartment has its own garden with a terrace where there is a table and chairs for dining al fresco. To the front of the house is a common garden which has benches set up allowing guests to enjoy the views. A barbecue is available for guests and there is a private parking spot specific to this apartment.
- Interior Description
(100 m2/1,076 ft2)
Ground Floor: This apartment opens into a pretty lounge, furnished comfortably with some antiques as well as sofas. A French door opens to the apartment’s furnished garden. There is a fully-equipped kitchen with a microwave, oven, American coffee maker, toaster, electric tea kettle, Nespresso machine (capsules are not provided), electric juicer, and mixer. A French door found in this kitchen also opens to the apartment’s furnished garden. A bathroom features a shower as well as the washing machine and dryer.
First Floor: A set of stairs leads to the first floor where there are two unique bedrooms. To the right is a large furnished dressing room with a wall of mirrors, with a set of stairs leading up to a loft with a queen size bed (160 cm). A bathroom with a shower is accessible from the corridor. On the left side of the hallways is a sitting room with a single sofa bed. A set of stairs along the wall lead up a second loft with a standard double bed (140 cm, comfy for one, cozy for two). Both of the loft bedrooms are air conditioned.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Air Conditioning: The two lofted bedrooms have air conditioning only.
- Swimming Pool: The swimming pool is shared with seven (7) other apartments. It is open from 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM in order to allow for daily cleaning and maintenance.
- Parking: There is one private parking place for this apartment.
- Welcome Basket: Typically includes cheese, wine, water in the fridge, and local biscuits.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 200 EUR
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Weekly Cleaning Charge (Mandatory): 100 EUR
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: