Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
For three couples or a large family, this apartment in the Duomo district of Florence is a smart choice. Three bedrooms and two living rooms offer plenty of space, but the real treat is the private, furnished terrace. Equally exciting is the apartment’s location near a large piazza which puts you within walking distance of many important sites.
- Location Description
With its incredible architecture, bridges, galleries, and museums, Florence is a gem in the heart of the Tuscan region. The Duomo section of the city is one of the oldest and most popular. This apartment is located just two minutes’ from Florence’s Piazza della Repubblica. Within walking distance is the Uffizi, Italy’s greatest art gallery; Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio, with so many of the world’s most famous statues and frescoes; and the oldest surviving bridge in Florence, the Ponte Vecchio, with its panoramic views. Orsanmichele, the ancient church, is also within easy walking distance, as is the abbey church, Badia Fiorentina. A little bit farther out is the gothic church of Santa Croce. There are excellent shops nearby, where the famous fashion houses display their world-renowned wares. After shopping and sightseeing, treat yourself to a meal at the local trattorias and restaurants.
Nearby Attractions: The area around the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore, commonly referred to as The “Duomo,” is considered the historic center of the city. From here it is possible to walk north to the San Lorenzo Church, the San Lorenzo outdoor market (where you can find all manner of clothing, shoes and bags,) as well as the not-to-be-missed Mercato Centrale, with its mouthwatering displays of food items. West and north is the train station and the Santa Maria Novella Church. While in this area, it is worthwhile to visit the Officina di Santa Maria Novella... the potpourri perfume will guide you. To the south are the Piazza della Signoria, the political center of Renaissance, the Uffizi Gallery, the Orsanmichele Church, the Casa di Dante, the Badia Fiorentina, and the Ponte Vecchio. One very interesting place to visit that is southwest of the Duomo, is the Palazzo Davanzati, a beautiful home with period furnishings, originally built in the 14th century. After years of renovation, it is finally open!
- Piazza della Reppubblica: 2 minutes’ walk
- Santa Maria Novella Station: 12 minutes' walk
- Duomo: 4 minutes' walk
- Ponte Vecchio: 5 minutes' walk
- Uffizi Gallery: 6 minutes' walk
- Exterior Description
Located in the Duomo district on via Porta Rossa, this apartment is on the first floor of an apartment building. It features a private terrace, decorated with potted plants and overlooking neighboring buildings. It is furnished with a table and chairs making it perfect for al fresco dining. Please note that there is no elevator in the building and there are 36 steps up to the apartment.
- Interior Description
(160 m2/1722 ft2)
First Floor (36 steps): Enter and walk down the hall to the spacious, open living room,furnished with sofas and chairs and a large glass table with chairs. A second smaller living room, ideal for reading or watching TV, is furnished with sofas and chairs and has the door to the terrace. It also leads to the apartment’s dining room. The well-equipped kitchen has an oven, dishwasher, microwave, and small appliances. The first bedroom features a queen size bed (160 cm), while the second and third bedrooms each feature two single beds (80 cm), which can be combined to form queen size beds upon prior request. There are two full bathrooms; one with a shower, and the other with a bath tub and a hand held shower head
- Features Description
- A pub is located downstairs in the building and therefore the apartment can be noisy at night.
- Air Conditioning: Provided in the three bedrooms, the living room, and in the dining room.
- There is no elevator in the building and there are 36 steps up to the apartment.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay a security deposit by credit card and sign a form authorizing charges for extras and/or damages that occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within one week of your departure from the property minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The security deposit amount is: 1500 EUR
- Extra maid service is available upon request for the daily rate of: 34 EUR
- Extra supply of linens available upon request for: 24 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 20 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 40 EUR
- Departure Time: 10:00 am (by appointment)
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: