View all photos
- Location Description
The apartment is located in the Oltrarno district of Florence, the district which stretches along the south bank of the river and in general is slightly quieter, greener and more relaxed than the other districts of Florence. Traditionally an artisans’ quarter, the Oltrarno still boasts many lovely antique shops and artisans’ studios (particularly furniture and leather-workers) and Via Maggio remains the focus of Florence’s thriving antiques trade.
Nearby Attractions: The Pitti Palace, former home of various Grand Dukes, and which today houses several important museums; the Cappella Brancacci with the fabulous frescoes of Masaccio; Piazzale Michelangelo with its breath-taking views over Florence; and the magnificent church of San Miniato (one of the highest points in the city of Florence and also one of the best examples of Romanesque architecture within Tuscany). The Ponte Vecchio, the most famous and oldest bridge in Florence, and home to a glittering array of jewelery shops and goldsmiths is also nearby. Extending up the hill from the Pitti Palace are the formal Boboli Gardens, an outdoor museum of garden sculpture that includes Roman antiquities as well as 16th and 17th century works. The Oltrarno is famous for its wine bars, authentic trattorias serving typical Tuscan cuisine, and the wonderful fresh produce market held every morning in Piazza Santo Spirito. There are grocery stores, patisseries, bakeries, gift shops and much more.
- Exterior Description
This apartment is located in a beautiful historic palace in the Oltrarno area of Florence. The palace was built around 1470 following a design attributed to the famous Renaissance architect Baccio d'Agnolo and presents a majestic courtyard, three sides with arcades, and adorned with statues.
- Interior Description
(400 m2/ 4,305 ft2)
This apartment features antique furniture, fine fabrics, tapestries and fine carpets and objects’ d'art.
There is a living room with a tapestry, a second sitting room, and a living room with a corner bar. There is a large dining room with a table for 7 people and a fully equipped kitchen. There are 3 spacious double bedrooms each with ensuite bathroom and a small single bedroom, also with ensuite bathroom. The master bedroom has a double bed and an ensuite bathroom with spa bath. There is a loft bedroom with a frescoed ceiling and two twin beds (cannot be joined) and an ensuite bathroom with bath. There is another bedroom with two twin beds (cannot be joined) and two separate ensuite bathrooms, one with a shower and the other with a bathtub. There is a small single room (best for a child) with an ensuite bathroom with shower.
Note: There is also a double bedroom and bathroom suitable for staff.
- Features Description
- There is a doorman present in the building from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 1 pm, and from 2 pm to 6 pm.
Features and Amenities
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay a security deposit by credit card and sign a form authorizing charges for extras and/or damages that occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within one week of your departure from the property minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The security deposit amount is: 1000 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 20 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 40 EUR
- Departure Time: 10:00 am (by appointment)
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: