View all photos
- About The Experience
Villa Celestina is the ideal base from where to discover the real Tuscany. You do not need to venture far from this villa to feel like you’re plunging deep into a Renaissance masterpiece. Explore crumbling castles, architectural outcrops and intact medieval streetscapes nearby for a palpable sense of history. Sample an array of local wines and olive oil in the estate’s private cellars. Or simply gather around the villa’s lighted pool or rustic fireplace to spend precious moments with family and friends.
- Location Description
Villa Celestina is located near the medieval town of San Gimignano. San Gimignano is one of the most visited towns in Tuscany and is full of life and things to do. You will want to climb up one of the towers, visit the 12th century Duomo, the People's Palace, and museums dedicated to artwork and archaeology. There are also plenty of wine tasting, art galleries, shops, and delicious restaurants. Numerous celebrations and gatherings are held every year including a music festival featuring theater, ballet, and opera performances and a Medieval Harvest festival where the people of San Gimignano dress up as knights and play medieval games and have tournaments.
Pienza: 105 km / 65 miles
Montalcino: 92 km / 57 miles
Pisa International Airport: 79 km / 49 miles
Florence Airport (Peretola): 64 km / 39 miles
Siena: 51km/31.6 miles
San Gimignano: 5.5 km /3.4 miles
- Exterior Description
Villa Celestina is on an estate that showcases gentle hills of greenery, woods and verdant fields. The real stars are the vineyards and olive trees. The property is home to 40 hectares of vineyards that cover entire hills with vines. Olive groves are scattered throughout the property in a collection of 3,800 olive trees. Villa Celestina has been renovated to the most prudent of standards. It provides a large, private, outdoor pool (open beginning of May until beginning of October, 6m x 12m, 1.5 m deep) with panoramic views and a veranda with dining area and barbecue facilities. Villa Celia is located on the same estate.
- Interior Description
Ground floor: A spacious open living-dining room features a charming central fireplace which divides the areas. A fully equipped kitchen provides breakfast table, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer and coffee maker. On this floor there is a laundry room with washer and dryer, and a bathroom with toilet and sink.
First floor: This floor houses five double bedrooms. Three have queen beds (160x190cm), each with ensuite bathroom with sink, toilet, and shower. The fourth bedroom has a double bed (169x190cm) with ensuite bathroom with sink, toilet, shower and Jacuzzi and the fifth bedroom has two single beds (80x90cm) with ensuite bathroom with sink, toilet and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- The estate has a wine cellar and a restaurant (open for breakfast and dinner)
- Housekeeping: €18/hour
- Chef Service and Cooking Classes available on request for an additional fee.
Please Note: AC available in all bedrooms
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Heating - Daily Charge: 30 EUR
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Housekeeping (Upon Request) - Hourly Charge: 18 EUR
- Air Conditioning - Daily Charge: 30 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: