Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Chianti is the area where ancient, almost unchanged landscape shapes the region’s heritage and identity. You’ll encounter wineries everywhere. Venture into Medieval Gaiole or Siena to sample wines and marvel at the Italians’ ability to turn buildings into works of art. In the area, you'll also discover historic olive groves, honey-colored stone farmhouses, dense forests, graceful Romanesque rural churches, Renaissance villas and imposing medieval castles.
- Location Description
Nestled in the heart of the renowned Chianti Classico region, Casa Susanna’s central location is convenient for visiting Tuscany’s most important places such as Siena, Florence, San Gimignano, Certaldo and the entire Chianti Classico area.
Florence (airport): 70 km /43 miles
Cortona: 65 km / 40 miles
San Gimignano: 57 km/ 35 miles
Castellina: 30 km/18 miles
Siena: 23 km /14 miles
Rapolano: (SPAs) 20 km /12 miles
Radda: 20 km /12 miles
Gaiole: 15 km /9 miles
Castelnuovo Berardenga: (shops) 7 km /4 miles
Nearest restaurants: 600 meters /656 yards
- Exterior Description
Meticulous rows of vines snake through the hills that surround the property and disappear into the horizon. This backdrop makes Casa Susanna’s private, panoramic garden ideal for alfresco dining at a table for six. Meet new people and exchange ideas for holiday exploration at the pool, which is shared by 5 nearby units. The unheated pool is 12m x 6m (depth 0.5m-1.5m) and open from May through the end of October.
- Interior Description
Ground floor: A private furnished garden area leads to an open plan dining room, kitchen and living room area. The dining room hosts a table for ten. A countertop separates this area from the kitchen space. In the kitchen, you’ll find a Nespresso, toaster, microwave, oven, stove, refrigerator-freezer, flat screen TV, and dishwasher. A bathroom on the ground floor provides a washing-machine, drying rack, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, sink, toilet and shower.
First floor: On this floor, you’ll find a living room that opens to an enclosed, furnished garden area with barbecue. The living room features a rustic fireplace, a double sofa-bed, a desk, library, armchairs, and flat screen TV with English channels. A stereo system, CD and DVD player are also found here.
Second floor: This floor hosts a double bedroom with a queen size bed (160 x180cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a double sink, toilet, hairdryer and shower. The room has access to a terrace which offers panoramic views. A small bedroom with a single bed(80x90cm) and closet is also located in a nook area off the double bedroom.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Area - Shared
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Final Cleaning Charge (Mandatory -To be paid upon arrival): 110 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Air conditioning - Daily Charge: 15 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: