Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Of all the regions in Tuscany, the Val D’Orcia is argued by many as the most beautiful. Explore medieval wonders, venture out to hunt for truffles, or try your hand at kneading tagliatelle in an Italian cooking class. You can also sample authentic cuisine prepared by your own personal chef in the comfort of this splendid villa!
- Location Description
Villa Orcia is located in a quiet pocket of countryside, just 1.5 km from San Casciano dei Bagni, a quaint village in the province of Siena. Nearby Attractions: Train connections in Chiusi take you to Florence and Rome in just over an hour. San Casciano is also an ideal location from which to explore nearby cities of Chiusi, Pienza, Montepulciano, Orvieto, Perugia and Assisi.
Florence: 110 km/68 miles
Assisi: 82 km/50 miles
Siena: 70 km/43 miles
Cortona: 61 km/37 miles
Perugia: 61 km/37 miles
Orvieto: 52 km/32 miles
Pienza: 45 km/27 miles
Montepulciano: 37 km/22 miles
Chiusi: 21 km/13 miles
San Casciano dei Bagni: 1.5km/0.6 miles
- Exterior Description
Villa Orcia is surrounded by century-old oaks. Paths for walking and jogging slice through the woodland. A fragrant, flower-lined alley leads directly to the parking area of the property. A 10,000 m2 garden surrounds the villa from all sides, and offers plenty of special corners in which to relax. In the garden, a pergola hosts a table for 14, just perfect for alfresco dining. The swimming pool is surrounded by greenery. It’s lighted, and can be heated upon request for an additional charge. The pool area provides a covered space, equipped with lounge chairs and a small refrigerator.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: There is a spacious dining room, kitchen and guest bathroom with toilet and sink. The rustic dining room has a fireplace and table for 12. The kitchen features a dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, oven, stove, microwave, espresso machine and American coffee machine. This area leads to a small sitting room, which is equipped with a satellite TV, VHS-reader, sofa and chairs.
There are 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. The first bedroom hosts a king size bed (180 x 210) with memory mattress, and linens in Italian cotton. The en suite bathroom is equipped with a shower, sink, and toilet. Two steps down from this room there is another bedroom that features a king size bed (180 x 210) with memory mattress and pillows. A shared bathroom provides a shower, tub, sink, and toilet. The third bedroom is perfect for children, and features two single beds with orthopedic mattresses (80 x 190 cm). Two more bedrooms feature a king size bed (180 x 210) and en suite bathroom one with sink, shower, and toilet and the other one with a copper tub,a small shower, and toilet.
First floor: There is a suite which consists of a living room, large terrace with panoramic views of San Casciano, Mount Amiata and the valley. The suite includes two double bedrooms. The first bedroom provides a king size bed (180 x 210 cm) with a memory mattress. An ensuite bathroom includes two stone sinks, a blue chrome shower, and toilet.The second bedroom hosts a king size bed (180 x 210 cm) with a memory mattress and pillows. Its ensuite bathroom provides a shower, sink, and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chef services: on request
- Cooking classes: on request
- Prestocking the villa with groceries: 15 euros + the cost of food
- The villa’s owner lives nearby, and is at your service, while maintaining your privacy.
- A welcome dinner (5 courses) is included in the rental price.
- Housekeeping is provided for 2 hours each day except for Sundays
- Bed linen and bath towels are changed on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- One pool towel is provided per person (changed on Wednesdays and Saturdays)
- Guests may use the small laundry room with washer and dryer (detergent is not provided, however).
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Pool Towels
- Swimming Pool - Private
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Pool Heating: According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: