Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Tuscan tradition and modern conveniences make for a memorable holiday in the countryside at this impeccably restored farmhouse near Lucca. Nestled amidst vineyards and olive groves, the property features a private pool, Jacuzzi, authentic pizza oven and gorgeous views of the surrounding valley. Stroll the grounds, take a swim or sip on local wines at the indoor bar – the pleasures of Tuscany abound.
- Location Description
The property is located on the hills south of Lucca, in a beautiful valley overlooking the local village of Vorno and Lucca. Vorno is 1 kilometer away and can be reached on foot along a pedestrian road, and then on a street that is rarely used by cars. There you will find restaurants and grocery shops. The larger town of Lucca is 7 kilometers away. Its pedestrian-friendly streets are perfect for strolling or cycling, and the area is rich in monuments, churches, medieval palaces, museums, bars, restaurants and shops. The Duomo di San Martino and the Church of San Michele in Foro are both beautiful examples of period architecture, while the Casa di Puccini, where the composer was born, has been transformed into a small museum in his honor. You can also climb the 130-foot Torre Guinigi. The beaches of Viareggio are less than half an hour by car (20 km), and the popular ski resort of Abetone is less than an hour's drive away. Day trips can include Pisa, Viareggio and Florence, as well as the spas in Montecatini Terme.
Siena: 140 km/ 86.9 mi/ 90-minute drive
Cinque Terre: 90 km/ 56 mi
Florence: 70 km/ 43 mi
Montecatini Terme: 30 km/ 18.6 mi
Pisa: 20 km/ 12.4 mi
Lucca: 7 km/ 4.3 mi
Vorno: 1 km/ 0.6 mi
- Exterior Description
A paved road leads from the local village of Vorno to the property and turns into a well-maintained gravel road for the last 300 meters. The property is surrounded by vineyards and olive groves and offers beautiful views in every direction. There is a covered patio with an outdoor sofa and armchairs, as well as a covered dining area with a table for 8, a barbecue and a pizza oven. Beside the villa there is a swimming pool (12 x 6, open May - September) surrounded by sunbeds, umbrellas, tables and chairs. Up the stairway and behind the farmhouse there is a deck with an elevated outdoor Jacuzzi. Stairs lead up to the surrounding olive groves. There is a driveway for easy parking.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: The villa opens onto an entrance hall with a sitting area comprised of a sofa and table. The open living room is furnished with a sofa, flat-screen TV with satellite and fireplace. The library has chairs, a desk and bookshelves. The kitchen features a stove, oven, dishwasher, dining table for up to 10, fireplace and an adjacent bar with counter seating. There is one bedroom, which features a king-size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, Turkish bath, chromotherapy, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer. There is also a laundry room with a washing machine and clothes dryer.
First Floor: There are three bedrooms. Two of the bedrooms each have a king-size bed (180 cm, can be separated into two 90 cm single beds upon prior request) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer. The third bedroom has a king-size bed (180 cm, can be separated into two 90 cm single beds upon prior request) and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, sink, toilet, bidet and hairdryer.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 18 Euros per hour
- Wine Tasting (With Professional Sommelier): Upon request
- Guests are welcomed by a greeter, who is also available for assistance during the rental period.
- Housekeeping is provided on Wednesdays for a minimum of 2 hours. For stays of 2 weeks or more, extra Housekeeping is also provided on Saturday. Additional Housekeeping can also be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub - Outside
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Private
- CD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment, a refundable security deposit is due. You will be requested to post a check to Rentvillas.com in the amount listed. The security deposit will be returned to you within 3 weeks of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: $1300 / 1000 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Late Arrival Fee (Payable upon Arrival): 50 EUR
- Electricity (above 150 kw per week): According to consumption
- Housekeeping available upon request at an extra charge
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: