View all photos
- About The Experience
No need to rent a car when you stay in this beautiful, spacious Tuscany apartment in the center of Florence. Tasteful furnishings and high ceilings will welcome you home to this Tuscany vacation rental after a long day of gallery-hopping or shopping. This Tuscany holiday apartment in the quieter Oltrarno district of Florence will give you the comforts and privacy of home as well as the convenience of being one bridge over the Arno away from all the major sights.
- Location Description
The Florence apartment building is located in the Santo Spirito neighborhood in the Oltrarno district, only 100 meters from the Arno River. The apartment is 4 blocks west of the Ponte Vecchio and near the Piazza Santo Spirito, which is characterized by a large number of traditional Italian craft shops and artist studios. There are many shops and restaurants nearby.
Nearby Attractions: The Oltrarno is the area of Florence that is south of the Arno River. While it contains some of the most famous and characteristic Renaissance buildings, it is also a quarter known for authentic flavor. Here you will find the Santo Spirito Church designed by Brunelleschi, the Santa Maria del Carmine Church with its famous Brancacci Chapel containing Masaccio’s exquisite frescoes, and the Palazzo Pitti. There are magnificent views of Florence from the Forte Belvedere and Piazzale Michelangelo, a prime destination for a gelato or glass of wine while watching the sunset. For those who like quirky, a visit to La Specola Museum, with wax anatomical models from the 18th century, is sure to fascinate. In addition to all of this, the quarter has many fine restaurants and shops, as well as an open-air market in the Piazza Santo Spirito.
Piazza Santo Spirito: 300 m/984 ft
- Exterior Description
This 16th century palazzo was restored in 1997. There is an elevator in the building.
- Interior Description
(160 m2/1722 ft2)
First Floor (with elevator): This beautiful, spacious apartment has two levels.
Entrance Level: There is a dining room with frescos; a well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, oven, gas stove, refrigerator/freezer, and American coffee maker; and a large living room with high coffered ceilings, a stone fireplace and large windows (facing the street). There is a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower, and a WC with toilet and sink.
Lower Level: There is one double bedroom with ensuite WC with toilet and sink; one small twin-bedded room (can be made into queen-size bed, on request); a bathroom with shower; and a laundry room with a washing machine.
- Features Description
Extra services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- Extra Bed: Upon request
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen & High Chair: 25 Euros per week; Must be requested at time of booking.
- Italian cooking lessons: Upon request
- Air conditioning is in the living room and bedrooms, only.
- This short term apartment in Florence is not suitable for students.
- Parking is very expensive and difficult to find in Florence, so a car is not recommended.
- Two sets of linens and towels are provided.
Features and Amenities
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay a security deposit by credit card and sign a form authorizing charges for extras and/or damages that occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within one week of your departure from the property minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The security deposit amount is: 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 20 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 40 EUR
- Utilities (for stays up to 30 days) - 180 EUR included; additional usage charged according to consumption
- Departure Time: 10:00 am (by appointment)
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 29 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Bedroom arrangement and quiet.
The kitchen was not very clean when we arrived.
Convenience of everything.
Show All 29 Reviews
Delightful. We were close to everything and had a number of excellent restaurants in the neighborhood.
The apartment was very spacious and beautifully furnished.
Someone was renovating an apartment near ours and made a lot of noise during the day. Luckily they didn't start work until after 9AM.
There weren't a lot of tourists. The area had a lot of good restaurants near our apartment. We were within easy walking distance of the major attractions.
Tips or Restaurants:
Around every corner is a good restaurant. One we really enjoyed was Cavolo Nero. Yum
Theresa , June
Show All 29 Reviews
The apartment has a great feeling of space. The ceilings in the main areas are at least 20ft tall, so though you are in an apartment, there is a light airy feeling.
Unfortunately we were there during some construction across the road. They were not actively working on it at the time, but it was a downer to look out and see scaffolding. Now, if that were not the case I can not think of anything with the actual apartment itself.
The apartment is located conveniently to everything we wanted to see while in Florence and close to the main bus and train terminals for easy excursions away from the city.
Nearby Events or Locales:
The only trip outside of the city we made was to Cortona, which required the train. Otherwise we had everything we needed within walking distance.
Tips or Restaurants:
There were lots of great places throughout the city but if you are looking for something close by, Trattoria Dante is right on the corner. The staff was friendly and the food was great. It became a local hangout. Another great place was Trattoria Angiolino down Via S. Spirito about 500 feet from the apartment. Good atmosphere amazing food.
We arrived at the airport - so - just a 15 min cab ride away.
Check In Out:
We arrived earlier than checkin-checkout states and left extremely earlier than checkin-checkout states. In both cases, the property manager was very helpful.
Show All 29 Reviews