Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Walking distance to a small town, air conditioning, Internet connection, historic property, nice owners. Everything you are looking for, right? Well, this wonderful property even has screens on the windows and a 17th century farmhouse to call “home.” It that’s not enough, there is a lovely common room for relaxing, as well as a solar-heated pool.
- Location Description
The farmhouse is situated on a beautiful 1800-acre farm estate. There are rolling hills, woods, lakes, and game such as deer, pheasants, partridges, and hares. Siena is only 12 km away, and the estate is just 300 meters from the small town of Monteroni d'Arbia.
Nearby Attractions: Golf (80 km), tennis (2 km), horseback riding (10 km), concerts during the summer.
Florence: 80 km/50 mi
Cortona: 70 km/43.5 mi
San Gimignano: 50 km/31 mi
Pienza: 38 km/23.5 mi
Montalcino: 25 km/15.5 mi
Siena: 12 km/7.5 mi
Monteroni d'Arbia: 300 m/984 ft
- Exterior Description
This 17th century farmhouse offers all the modern comforts in a rustic setting. Refurbished with great attention to detail, the farmhouse boasts materials such as travertine marble, wrought iron, and clay bricks. The farmhouse is situated on a beautiful 1800-acre farm estate. There are rolling hills, sunflowers, white truffles, and game such as deer, pheasants, partridges, and hares. There are five independent apartments, all with WIFI high speed internet and air conditioning, sleeping a maximum of twenty people. There is a reception office, a common room with stereo, a covered outdoor dining area, a ping pong table, and a trampoline for children. There are ten mountain bikes available for the use of the guests, with bike tours nearby. The apartments share a solar heated swimming pool (12m x 5m). Next to the pool there is a barbecue with chairs and a dining table. The pool is equipped with umbrellas, lawn chairs, and a swing.
- Interior Description
(50 m2/538 ft 2)
Ground Floor: Known as the "honeymooner's suite", this studio has independent access on the ground floor. There is a sleeping area with a queen size bed (160 cm), a living room with double sofa bed (160 cm, most comfortable for one), a kitchen with microwave, and a bathroom with handheld shower. There is also a narrow folding bed (80 cm, most comfortable for a young person) This unit is handicap accessible; there is just a one inch rim around the shower. This apartment has domed ceilings and a view of the garden.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Continental Breakfast: 10 Euros per person
- Cooking Classes: 120 Euros per person
- Housekeeping: 20 Euros per hour
- Laundry Service: 20 Euros per load
- Wine Tasting: Upon request
- This property is on the same estate as
Il Maestrale, and
- These properties can be rented together under the name
Casa dei Venti
to accommodate more people.
- The sofa beds are most comfortable for young people.
- The property is conveniently located near a major road, and there may be some traffic noise.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Wheelchair Accessible - Inside Home
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Bikes Available - Upon Request
- TV - Local Channels Only
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Clothes Dryer - Shared
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- Window Screens - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Reception Office
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- No security deposit or cleaning fee is required. However, the client will be liable for any extra charges incurred during the stay, or accidental damages to the property.
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Portable Baby Crib: May be available upon request
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 2 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Excellent. In this unit were my wife's mom and our 11 year old twins. They spent more time in the facility while we went out sightseeing more. They loved the amenities and the apartment suited them very well. There was some concern over noise from above, but it wasn't excessive.
The amenities outside.
The arrows for the archery set didn't work.
Very peaceful and nice.
Nearby Events or Locales:
You could walk to Monteroni d'Arbia.
Tips or Restaurants:
Prepare to spend some down time right at the property. Its a great place to rest.
We found it with no problem using our GPS.
Check In Out:
Friendly and helpful.
Curtis , July
Highly recommended. We had an amazing time.
Great location central in Tuscany. The owners were extremely helpful, nice and made great recommendations for day trips.
Beautiful Tuscan hillside and centrally located. Only 10-minute drive to Siena.
Nearby Events or Locales:
Monte D'Arbia was within walking distance.
Tips or Restaurants:
Rent a car if you want to explore Tuscany.