Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Enjoy privacy and space in this magnificent 17th century château in the South of France. The chateau offers modern conveniences while maintaining its Old World charm and history. Combining formal French antiques and casual Provincial furnishings, the property is comfortable. Within a park-like setting, this beautiful property also has a 12th century tower and a large 16th century chapel (158 m2), available for weddings and special events. The property enjoys spectacular views of Mont Ste Victoire.
- Location Description
This chateau is located just 7 km north of the charming town of Aix-en-Provence, an important cultural center in the heart of Provence known for its universities. It is a popular city with vacationers for its variety of shops. The addition of the TGV has made travel from Paris convenient and easy. Although the property is not located in town, it is only a fifteen-minute walk to the village of Puyricard, or a three-minute trip by car.
St Tropez: 125 km/78 mi
Arles: 75 km/47 mi
Saint-Remy-de-Provence: 73 km/45 mi
Cassis (beaches): 55 km/34 mi
Avignon: 45 km/28 mi
Aix-en-Provence: 7 km/4 mi
- Exterior Description
The expansive, well-maintained garden (12 acres) includes a pine forest, lovely terraces with garden furniture for entertaining, along with a private tennis court. The heated swimming pool with electric safety cover is set amidst the ruins of the palace of the Archbishop Jerome de Grimaldi, who held court at the property from 1655-1685.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: Pass through the front door of the Chateau to find original paintings by Florentine artists in the expansive entry hall. On this floor, you will find the elegant main living room with a fireplace and piano, the dining room adorned with murals seats 20, the library with fireplace and the drawing room. The fully equipped kitchen offers modern appliances and the laundry has a washer and dryer. An elevator gives access to the first floor. The spacious terraces on the east and south side of the chateau overlook the large grounds.
Bedroom 1: The master suite has a king size bed (180 cm) with an ensuite bathroom with tub, separate shower, bidet, and WC. There is a dressing room with a safe and TV.
Bedroom 2: The twin-bedded (90 cm wide) room has an ensuite bathroom with tub, shower and WC. There is a dressing room.
Bedroom 3: This bedroom has a king size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with tub and WC.
Bedroom 4: This room has twin beds (90 cm) with an adjacent bathroom with tub, separate shower and WC.
The Van Gogh bedroom has a queen size bed with an ensuite bathroom with tub, bidet and separate WC.
Bedroom 5: This room has a queen size bed (160 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with tub, bidet and WC.
Bedroom 6: This bedroom has a queen size bed (160 cm) an adjacent bathroom with tub, bidet and WC.
Second Floor (typically used for children, nannies, etc)
Bedroom 7: This bedroom has a standard double bed (comfortable for one person; cozy for two). It shared a bathroom with #8 and #9.
Bedroom 8: This bedroom has twin beds. There is a shared bathroom adjacent with a shower, bidet and separate WC.
Bedroom 9: This bedroom has a queen bed (160 cm) also shares the same bathroom mentioned above.
Bedroom 10: This bedroom has a queen size bed (160 cm) and a shared bathroom (with #11) with tub and WC.
Bedroom 11: This bedroom has large twin beds (low; 130 cm wide) with a shared bathroom (with #10) with tub and WC.
On this floor is a recreation room with billiard table, game table and gym equipment. There is also a separate TV room.
Basement: There is a wine cellar for tastings, a small dance floor, a sitting area with Stereo, DVD Player and TV. This floor also has a bathroom with shower and WC.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Wedding Planner: Upon request
- Concierge Service is included.
- This property is non-smoking.
- There is parking for 4 cars.
- The heated swimming pool (11 m x 7 m, with electric cover) is open from the middle of May until the middle of October.
- Housekeeping is provided for 8 hours every day.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Tennis Court - Private
- Billiard/Pool Table
- CD player
- Gym Equipment
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Partial House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment, a refundable security deposit is due. You will be requested to post a check to Rentvillas.com in the amount listed. The security deposit will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: $6,250
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 30 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 60 EUR
- Cook Services (If Available): must be arranged at least 2 months prior to arrival
- Arrivals (After 8:00pm): Not Accepted
- Please check the property description for any additional charges which may not be listed here.
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: