Click image for all photos
- About The Experience
Nestled in the center of a working olive estate, this idyllic villa near Axe-en-Provence is just the spot for special family vacations and celebrations. Boasting lovely interiors, a heated swimming pool, tennis court and gym, the restored property offers excellent amenities amidst the peacefulness of the Provencal countryside.
- Location Description
The property is 6 km (30-minute walk) from the village of Eguilles, where there are shops, cafes and a supermarket. Nearby is Aix-en-Provence (7 km away, 10-minute drive), the birthplace of renowned painter Paul Cezanne. Here visitors can take in the sprawling mountains and natural vistas that inspired the artist, and see his work in local museums. Enjoy a stroll along the tree-lined Cours Mirabeau, browse the boutiques and markets, taste Provencal delicacies at the many restaurants and cafes, or take a guided tour of the town’s architectural treasures. The town has a TGV station, and the Marseilles International Airport is 27.8 km away (25-minute drive). There is also a private air field close to Les Milles, about a 5-minute drive from the property. There are many day trip options, including visits to the hilltop villages of the Luberon Valley (Gordes, Coustellet and Bonnieux) and the beaches of Cassis. A car is necessary.
Gordes: 76 km
Coustellet: 68 km
Beaches (Cassis): 56 km
Bonnieux: 45 km
Marseilles International Airport: 27.8 km
Aix-en-Provence: 7 km/4 mi
Eguilles: 6 km/3.1 mi
- Exterior Description
A large stone gate opens onto the estate, and a scenic drive through the olive plantation and surrounding gardens leads to the main house. The property has more than 1,000 olive trees, a fruit orchard, pine forests, and landscaped gardens with lawns, flower beds and lavender. The large, heated swimming pool (17 m x 7 m) overlooks the olive trees and is surrounded by a deck furnished with six sunbeds and two umbrellas. The nearby pool house, which is open to the pool area, has shaded seating, music system with iPod connectivity, and a bathroom with a shower, sink and separate toilet. Various rest spots with chairs and shaded dining tables are found around the grounds. There are many sports areas on the estate as well, including a private tennis court with a professional synthetic grass surface, croquet, table tennis, petanque court and large trampoline with protective side netting. Inside the orangerie there is a gym with a Lifefitness treadmill, two bikes and other equipment. Other accessible buildings include a decorative pigeonnier/dovecote and a large garage. The farmhouse and work buildings are closed to guests. Onsite parking is available. An 18-hole golf course is adjacent to the property.
- Interior Description
Main House: Located on a high point in the middle of the estate which offers complete privacy.
Ground floor: The large sitting room features sofas, a fireplace, stereo system with iPod connection, TV and DVD player. The dining room has a table for 10, and the kitchen is equipped with a stove, oven, dishwasher, modern barbecue and Nespresso machine. Behind the kitchen there is a laundry area with a washing machine and clothes dryer. A staircase leads to the first floor.
First floor: There is a large study as well as three bedrooms. The first bedroom is a master with a king-size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, shower, double sinks and separate toilet. The second bedroom has a king-size bed (180 cm), and the third has a queen-size bed (160 cm). The second and third bedrooms share a bathroom with a bathtub, shower, sink and toilet. A staircase leads to the second floor.
Second floor: There is a second quiet study area as well as four bedrooms. The first bedroom is another master and features a king-size bed (180 cm) and an ensuite bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. The second bedroom is a children’s room with two single beds (90 cm each)--this bedroom shares a bathroom with the master. The third bedroom has a king-size bed (180 cm), and the fourth has two single beds (90 cm). The third and fourth bedrooms share a bathroom with a bathtub, shower and toilet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Chauffer/driver/transfer service: Upon request in advance
- Chef service: Upon request 3 months or more in advance, 250 Euros per day for 10 people (includes food purchase, preparation and dinner party clean-up)
- Cook service: Upon request in advance, performed by Zoulika, the housekeeper
- Extra housekeeping: Upon request in advance when time allows, 25 Euros per hour
- Midweek linen change: Upon request in advance
- Villa pre-stocking and grocery shopping: Upon request in advance
- Guided tours: Upon request in advance
- A maximum of 14 people may be in the house at any time in summer, and a maximum of 10 at any time in the winter.
- Housekeeping is included six days a week for five hours daily, from 8 AM to 1 PM. Housekeeping includes common areas, bathrooms, bedrooms, general tidying up and breakfast service (cost of food is extra). Additional housekeeping is available for an extra cost.
- A general manager and caretaker work onsite (included in fee).
- The house is fully air conditioned, and three portable air conditioning units are available upon request.
- A welcome basket filled with flowers and Champagne is provided.
- Four tennis rackets are available.
- A large selection of DVDs (more than 300 titles) is available.
- Smoking is not permitted at this property.
- Wine cellar: The owner recommends that guests choose and purchase their own wine; although on the first night, they will be pleased to offer some good but inexpensive wine (average bottle 15 Euros) from their cellar.
- Property staff takes care of the grounds and pool. However, guests are asked to keep the pool area reasonably tidy of games, toys and personal effects at the end of each day to allow for cleaning and general maintenance.
- For security there are certified alarm systems in place in both the swimming pool and the pond in front of the main house for the protection of tenants and their children. Tenants are required to secure the property as demanded by the insurance company (shutters closed where necessary at night time, etc.).
- For general security, two Airedale dogs, Nestor and Muffin, live on the property. They generally bark at visiting cars, but they are extremely safe and great with children.
- The farmhouse, agricultural hangar and staff studio at the rear of the house are all working buildings and are thus closed to guests. Guests have access to most of the estate, including the main house, gardens, swimming pool, tennis courts, olive groves, decorative pigeonnier/dovecot, Orangerie (with gym facilities), pool-house (music system with iPod connectivity, shower, drinks fridge, etc.) and garage.
Features and Amenities
- Free Parking on Premises
- Independent Villa
- Outside Area - Private
- Outside Dining
- Swimming Pool - Heated
- Swimming Pool - Private
- Tennis Court - Private
- Billiard/Pool Table
- CD player
- DVD player
- Gym Equipment
- Ipod dock
- Ping Pong Table
- TV - English Channels Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
- Welcome Basket
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Along with the final payment, a refundable security deposit is due. You will be requested to post a check to Rentvillas.com in the amount listed. The security deposit will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure from the property minus any damages to the property, or any charges incurred during your stay. The listed security deposit is: $3,750
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 30 EUR
- Arrival Fee (between 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 60 EUR
- Arrivals (After 8:00pm): Not Accepted
- Please check the property description for any additional charges which may not be listed here.
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like: