View all photos
- About The Experience
Need to stay connected to the real world while on holiday? This accommodation in a Tuscany vacation villa provides not only a fantastic location near Lucca but also all you need to connect: a cell phone, land line, and computer with internet connection. With both queensuites and twin rooms, this Tuscany accommodation near Lucca is great for a family. And with the shared swimming pool and big lawn, this Tuscany villa for rent is the perfect place to come back to for a little relaxation after a day of exploration.
- Location Description
This villa is located in the hilly countryside near Lucca, an area famous for its wine and olive oil production. The road leading to the property passes through olive groves and vineyards. This area is also home to some impressive historic villas, including Villa Mansi and Villa Torrigiani. The nearest village is Segromigno, where you will find grocery shops, a bank, pharmacy, restaurants, and bars. The nearest highway connection, about 6 km away (Capannori), puts you in a great position for visiting the surrounding areas. The city of Lucca is worth enjoying simply for its medieval charm, but there are also a number of interesting sights to visit, as well as a great antique market held on the third Sunday of each month. The Duomo di San Martino and the Church of San Michele in Foro are both gorgeous examples of period architecture, while the Casa di Puccini, where the composer was born, has been transformed into a small museum in his honor. You can also climb the 130 foot Torre Guinigi, but on the other hand viewing the tree-topped tower from below might be just as enjoyable…
Nearby Attractions: Villa Mansi, Villa Torrigiani, Segromigno (grocery shops, bank, pharmacy, restaurants, bars), Lucca (antique market, Duomo di San Martino, Church of San Michele in Foro, Casa di Puccini, Torre Guinigi), Pisa, Florence, Cinque Terre.
Siena: 146 km/91 mi
La Spezia (Cinque Terre): 90 km/56 mi
Florence: 80 km/50 mi
Pisa: 42 km/26 mi
Montecatini Terme: 36 km/22 mi
Lucca: 10 km/6 mi
Segromigno: 1 km/0.62 mi
- Exterior Description
This villa is a fully restored farmhouse which has been divided into two independent units which, if desired, can also be connected through a door in the living rooms on the main floor. Casa Ada Uno and Casa Ada Due can be rented together or separately, and the property itself is quite private. Outside the house there is a large terrace and garden with two areas, one for each unit. The outdoor areas are fully equipped with tables, chairs, sun umbrellas, and a barbecue. Casa Ada Uno has a nice covered pergola for dining al fresco. Around the house there are terracotta pots with lemon trees and flowers everywhere. Steps of stone and wood lead down to the swimming pool (12m x 6m), which is surrounded by a large grassy lawn. Here there is more garden furniture, including sun lounges and tables with shade umbrellas. A shared laundry room is located in the garden and is equipped with a washing machine and ironing equipment. The large parking area is shared by both units.
- Interior Description
Ground Floor: Located in the right half of the villa, this apartment opens into a living room with a satellite TV and CD player. There is a dining room with an open-plan kitchen fully equipped with a cook-top, oven, dishwasher, microwave, and toaster. This room also has a fireplace and opens onto the front terrace. On this floor there is a small double bedroom (suitable for one person) with an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower.
First Floor: Upstairs there are four bedrooms, each with a satellite TV. The first and second bedrooms each have a 160 cm queen-size bed (can be separated into two twin beds on request) and an ensuite bathroom with a sink, toilet, and tub with fixed shower. The third bedroom and fourth bedrooms each have a 160 cm queen-size bed (can be separated into two twin beds on request) and these rooms share a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cook Service: Upon request
- Extra Housekeeping: 12 Euros per hour
- This villa can be rented with
Casa Ada Uno
under the name
- This villa provides an Arrive & Relax Package which usually contains: ready to use tomato sauce (basil), pasta and grated Parmesan cheese, fresh fruit, eggs, corn flakes, yogurt, olives, cheese, prosciutto, and fresh bread, sugar, salt, butter, jam, Nutella, napkins, and toilet paper. There is also a selection of beverages including: mineral water, orange juice, coke, milk, coffee, and wine (red and white).
- Pets are not allowed.
- Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours every Monday and Wednesday. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- Computer Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- Washing Machine - Shared
- Cook Service Available - Extra Cost
- Housekeeping - Included
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 500 EUR
- Air Conditioning: According to consumption
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Housekeeping (Available Daily) - Hourly Charge: 18 EUR
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 1 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Fabulous! It was far beyond our expectations! The property was lovely - the furnishings, the pottery, the oven, the dishwasher, the screens! the air conditioning.
I would say the property had many more great qualities than we were expecting!.
The pictures on the web site in no way do the property justice. If I can figure out how to send you pictures, I will do so.
It was lovely and had everything we needed. Our keyholder's chef had prepared lasagna and chicken cacciatore for us, along with a lovely appetizer and vegetables. We ate this - 6 of us - for 2 nights.
It was very hot while we were there and the pool was fabulous!
I couldn't quite figure out the washing machine.
Beautiful and convenient for day trips to Florence, Pisa, Lucca and the ocean.
We took the train to Florence for a long day - it was easy and relaxing. We highly recommend it.
Nearby Events or Locales:
There is a lovely working olive grove just steps from the property. They sell a local wine and olive oil. There is also within one mile a fascinating cemetery.
Tips or Restaurants:
Don't bring anything!. All the things they talk about needing in "the Guide to Living like a Local" are provided - beach towels, garbage bags, etc.
We had maid service on 2 days. We weren't really sure what they were doing and we did not know how much to tip them.
We met our keyholder in Lucca. The biggest problem was her limited English and our limited Italian.
Check In Out:
We loved Daniella, the keyholder. She and her husband were great!