View all photos
- About The Experience
Extensive views over the Chianti Classico hills can be gazed upon in every direction from this farmhouse. A family or group of friends will enjoy the comfortable furnishings, shared swimming pool, and great location. Florence is a short drive away, which means this farmhouse is just the place for those who seek the countryside solitude and the excitement of the city.
- Location Description
This property is located one kilometer from San Casciano, a small town with a few shops, restaurants, and markets. One of the best things about this villa is that it is a short distance from Florence, a city rich in architectural and artistic masterpieces. Visit the Piazza San Giovanni, also known as the religious heart of the city, and you’ll see the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, built in the 15th century. Other marvelous attractions include the Ponte Vecchio where you can go shopping, the Accademia Gallery full of Florentine paintings, and of course the Uffizi Gallery. In addition to Florence, San Gimignano and Siena are also within day trip distance.
Nearby Attractions: Florence (Ponte Vecchio, Il Duomo, Uffizi Gallery, restaurants, Via de’ Tornabuoni (shopping), Piazza San Giovanni), San Gimignano (medieval towers), Siena (Il Palio summer festival, enotecas, Piazza del Campo, art museum, Piazza del Duomo), Arezzo (Piazza Grande, flea market, Santa Maria della Pieve, annual festivals)
Arezzo: 84 km/52 mi
Siena: 60 km/37 mi
San Gimignano: 40 km/25 mi
Florence: 20 km/12.5 mi
San Casciano: 1 km/.5 mi
- Exterior Description
This farmhouse is set in the Chianti hills and has views of the countryside. Please be aware that the owners live in an apartment on the property grounds, but complete privacy is maintained at all times. There is a swimming pool (12m x 6m), which is shared by the owners and surrounded by a sun deck with sun loungers and umbrellas. The pool is open from the beginning of May to the end of September. Access to the property is via an unpaved but well-maintained road and parking is available within the grounds.
- Interior Description
The farmhouse consists of three separate apartments: Desideri 1 and 2 and the owner's apartment. This listing is for Desideri 1 and Desideri 2 together.
Desideri 1 (90 m2/969 ft2)
Ground floor: There is a living-room with satellite TV and a double sofa-bed, a dining area, and a kitchen corner with dishwasher and microwave. There is a double bedroom and a bathroom with shower and a washing-machine.
Desideri 2 (200 m2/2,153 ft2)
Ground Floor: There is a combined living and dining room with a couch, satellite TV, and table with chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, Italian coffee maker, and dishwasher. There is a service bathroom with a toilet.
First Floor: A staircase leads up to three bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed (160 cm), and three bathrooms, each with a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Housekeeping: 10 Euros per hour
- Extra Bed: 62 Euros per week
- Casa Desideri is composed of Desideri 1 and Desideri 2. They can be rented individually to accommodate less people.
- The owners live in an apartment on the property grounds, but complete privacy is maintained at all times.
- Portable Baby Cribs must be requested at the time of booking.
- The pool is open from the beginning of May until the end of September. It is shared with the owners.
- A mandatory cleaning fee of $130 must be paid at the time of booking.
Features and Amenities
- Outside Area - Shared
- Swimming Pool - Shared
- TV - English Channels Available
- Washing Machine
- Fireplace - Indoor
- Heating - Whole House
- Pets Considered
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay to the property representative a security deposit payable in cash. The security deposit will be returned to you prior to your departure minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The listed security deposit is: 200 EUR
- Heating: According to consumption
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (after 8:00 pm) Payable upon Arrival: 25 EUR
- Mandatory Cleaning Fee (Must be paid with the rental fee at time of booking): $130 USD
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Departure Time: between 8 am and 10 am
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Like this property? You may like: