View all photos
- About The Experience
100 meters from the Arno, this large apartment in Florence with traditional terracotta floors and wooden ceilings will put you within walking distance of all the major sights. Curl up on the couch of your Florence rental apartment with a cup of tea and a book after a long day of sightseeing (and, of course, shopping).
- Location Description
The Florence apartment building is located in the Santo Spirito neighborhood in the Oltrarno district, only 100 meters from the Arno River. The apartment is 4 blocks west of the Ponte Vecchio and near the Piazza Santo Spirito, which is characterized by a large number of traditional Italian craft shops and artist studios. There are many shops and restaurants nearby.
Nearby Attractions: The Oltrarno is the area of Florence that is south of the Arno River. While it contains some of the most famous and characteristic Renaissance buildings, it is also a quarter known for authentic flavor. Here you will find the Santo Spirito Church designed by Brunelleschi, the Santa Maria del Carmine Church with its famous Brancacci Chapel containing Masaccio’s exquisite frescoes, and the Palazzo Pitti. There are magnificent views of Florence from the Forte Belvedere and Piazzale Michelangelo, a prime destination for a gelato or glass of wine while watching the sunset. For those who like quirky, a visit to La Specola Museum, with wax anatomical models from the 18th century, is sure to fascinate. In addition to all of this, the quarter has many fine restaurants and shops, as well as an open-air market in the Piazza Santo Spirito.
Piazza Santo Spirito: 300 m/984 ft
- Exterior Description
This 16th century palazzo was restored in 1997. There is an elevator in the building.
- Interior Description
(70 m2/230 ft2)
Second Floor (with elevator): This apartment with terracotta floors and wooden ceilings is located on the second floor and is divided into two main parts, both which face the street, via dei Serragli. There is a living/dining area with a double sofa bed (160 cm) and two large windows. The kitchen is equipped with pots and pans, a dishwasher, oven, gas stove, and fridge/freezer. There is one bedroom with a queen-size bed (160 cm) and a bathroom with a shower. This apartment, since it faces the street is noisy.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cooking Lessons: Upon request
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- This apartment is not suitable for students.
- There are public garages in the area costing about 200 Euros per week.
Features and Amenities
- DVD player
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay a security deposit by credit card and sign a form authorizing charges for extras and/or damages that occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within one week of your departure from the property minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The security deposit amount is: 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 20 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 40 EUR
- Utilities (for stays up to 30 days) - 70 EUR included; additional usage charged according to consumption
- Departure Time: 10:00 am (by appointment)
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 7 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
It was huge, clean, modern and better than I expected.
Yes, we were in the heart of Florence, but south of the Arno, which was ideal.
Tips or Restaurants:
Buca Mario--was wonderful! Just across the Arno.
Had the directions, which we gave to our taxi driver. It was less than a 10-minute drive.
Julie , June
Show All 7 Reviews
We had a great time in Florence. This property is so centrally located we could walk to everything. We shopped at small local stores for wine, cheese, meat and vegetables and cooked at the property.
The location. You really could walk to markets, restaurants and most tourist sites like the Duomo. We also appreciated having accessibility to the Internet and cable TV.
The traffic noise. This property is located on the street side of the apartment complex and even though it is upstairs, it's noisy. It is a bit dark in the entrance way heading up to the apartment. The bed in the bedroom was comfortable, however, the sofa bed was not.
This property is so centrally located. There are many good restaurants, markets, and tourist sites close by.
Show All 7 Reviews
Great location. We walked to everything on both sides of the Arno.
Location. Having on-site management is a plus.
We found the entry to the apartment, and the apartment itself, to be dark, especially at night.
There are many, many restaurants within walking distance.
Tips or Restaurants:
We would bring coffee.
Show All 7 Reviews