View all photos
- About The Experience
Antique shops, artisans, great restaurants, and bridges over the Arno: our apartment in Florence puts you just steps away from all of this. This Florence holiday accommodation is also, of course, within easy walking distance of all the major sights.
- Location Description
The Florence apartment building is located in the Santo Spirito neighborhood in the Oltrarno district, only 100 meters from the Arno River. The apartment is 4 blocks west of the Ponte Vecchio and near the Piazza Santo Spirito, which is characterized by a large number of traditional Italian craft shops and artist studios. There are many shops and restaurants nearby.
Nearby Attractions: The Oltrarno is the area of Florence that is south of the Arno River. While it contains some of the most famous and characteristic Renaissance buildings, it is also a quarter known for authentic flavor. Here you will find the Santo Spirito Church designed by Brunelleschi, the Santa Maria del Carmine Church with its famous Brancacci Chapel containing Masaccio’s exquisite frescoes, and the Palazzo Pitti. There are magnificent views of Florence from the Forte Belvedere and Piazzale Michelangelo, a prime destination for a gelato or glass of wine while watching the sunset. For those who like quirky, a visit to La Specola Museum, with wax anatomical models from the 18th century, is sure to fascinate. In addition to all of this, the quarter has many fine restaurants and shops, as well as an open-air market in the Piazza Santo Spirito.
Piazza Santo Spirito: 300 m/984 ft
- Exterior Description
This 16th century palazzo was restored in 1997. There is an elevator in the building.
- Interior Description
(60 m2/645 ft2)
Third Floor (with elevator): This top-floor studio apartment is spacious, cozy, and very comfortable. The single room has been organized into: a living area with a nice pull-out queen size (160 cm) sofa bed, a stereo, and a LCD TV with Satellite. There is a combined kitchen/dining area, a master bedroom area behind a wooden screen, a bathroom with tub, and a small laundry room. This apartment is very quiet.
- Features Description
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
- Cooking Classes: Upon request
- Housekeeping: Upon request
- Laundry Service: Upon request
- Portable Baby Crib and High Chair: 25 Euros per week
- This apartment is not suitable for students.
- Two sets of linens and towels are provided.
Features and Amenities
- TV - English Channels Available
- Internet - Wireless
- Telephone - Incoming & Outgoing
- American Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning - Whole House
- Heating - Whole House
- High Chair
- Portable Baby Crib/Play Pen - Upon Request
- Housekeeping Available - Extra Cost
Please note: Official Arrival Times:
- Upon arrival at the property you are required to pay a security deposit by credit card and sign a form authorizing charges for extras and/or damages that occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within one week of your departure from the property minus any extra charges or accidental damages to the property. The security deposit amount is: 300 EUR
- Telephone (If Available): According to consumption
- Arrival Fee (between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 20 EUR
- Arrival Fee (after 9:30 pm, Upon Prior Request) Payable upon Arrival: 40 EUR
- Utilities (for stays up to 30 days) - 70 EUR included; additional usage charged according to consumption
- Departure Time: 10:00 am (by appointment)
- Heating (in Italy): Allowed by law from November 1 - April 1; some exceptions for extreme weather
- Arrival Fee (Outside Posted Times): Payable upon arrival
- UPON ARRIVAL, RENTERS MUST PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF EACH TRAVELER’S PASSPORT AND SIGN A FORM FOR THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES. IF ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES GUESTS HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLETE THIS PROCEDURE OR OWNERS WILL BE FINED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Tourist Tax (Payable upon Arrival): 1-5 Euros per person per day
* These prices and conditions may change based on your arrival date and length of stay. For exact conditions, please click on the View Availability button, enter your dates, and then click on View Pricing and Conditions.
View General Rental Agreement
Questions? Please ask us!
Receive free advice from your own personal Travel Advisor.
Call us: 1-800-726-6702
Outside the US: +1-805-880-1228
Sat 8:00-11:00 Pacific Time
Quiz Our Customers
Ask questions directly to our customers who stayed at this property
Ask a Question
Like this property? You may like:
Based on 5 Reviews
Peace and Quiet
Location, location, location. It was located just across the river from MANY things and there are nice restaurants and shops right outside the door.
Noise outside and poor air conditioning. However, noise from motorbikes is a problem in all of Florence.
All of the amenities are within a stone's throw from the door.
Tips or Restaurants:
Aqua al Due is WONDERFUL! with a location in San Diego. I was hesitant because I stay away from chains and I felt why should I eat at this place in Italy when I can eat at it in San Diego. It turned out to be the BEST meal we had in Florence. As far as things to bring...the unit was had everything you could possibly need.
Show All 5 Reviews
Location!!! The Oltrarno was wonderful. All those antique shops and artisans and great restaurants with the bridges, just a step away.
No view - only skylights, and the extra twelve steps up from the elevator.
Tips or Restaurants:
Quattro Leone - Kevin Costner eats there.
Oloi and Convivium, both for food and for upscale supplies. We brought back prosciutto and balsamic vinegar and provolone, shrink wrapped.
Show All 5 Reviews
It didn't disappoint in any way. The location was excellent. The sleeping area is discreetly separated from the living area and the bed was quite comfortable and big. The living area was spacious for the two of us and there was plenty of space. The hot water was in constant supply, and the bathroom even had a tub. The kitchen was equipped for meals to be prepared but given the excellent and abundant restaurants in our neighborhood we didn't cook. It was very quiet. We walked everywhere; the excellent location of the apartment coupled with the perfect June weather made that a pleasure.
Show All 5 Reviews